Quality since 1998
Decades of experience brings a consistent and reliable service to our clients.
CTA Lab is a Canadian Owned and Operated Materials Testing Laboratory, in business since 1998. Our material testing focuses on asphalt, aggregate and concrete materials for Ministry of Transportation and Municipal Projects.
We provide a full range of mix design services and smoothness consultation using the latest technologies.
Our interest in new technologies in the field of construction enables us to offer the newest testing services to our clients.
Asphaltic and bituminous services
- SHRP Superpave Mix Design and Verification
- Marshall Mix Design and Compliance
- Dynamic Modulus and Flow Number
- Performance Graded Asphalt Cement (PGAC) Testing
- Ductility (DENT) Test
- Extended BBR Test
- Emulsion / Tack Coat Testing
- Multiple Stress Creep Recovery (MSCR)
- Hot Mix Compliance Testing
- High Speed Inertial Profiler
Soil and aggregate services
- Hydrometer Analysis
- Soil Proctor
- Granular material properties
- Full Aggregate Testing
- Testing of Compressive Strength of Concrete Cylinder (including High Compressive Strength Concrete) CSA-A23.2-9C
- Potential Expansivity of Aggregate Using Concrete Prism CSA A23.2-14A
- Length Change of Hardened Concrete CSA A23.2-21C
- Alkali-Silica Reactive Aggregate by Accelerated Expansion of Mortar Bars CSA A23.2-25A
- Alkali-Carbonate Reactivity by Chemical Composition CSA A23.2-26A
- Electrical Indication of Concrete to Resist Chloride Ion Penetration CSA A23.2-23C
- Referee Testing for Ministry of Transportation and Municipalities
Regretfully, we cannot list all our testing capabilities.
Contact us for more information.